Six Changes for Madden 2012 Franchise Mode
1. Expanded Rosters and Cut Day
- This year in the Madden 2012 Franchise Mode, you can now have up the 75 players on your team at the start of preseason. Many of the younger players will have locked attributes, meaning you’ll have to play them in the preseason to unlock their skills. Luckily, you’ll be able to practice with your team which will also help you to determine who is a stud and who’s a dub. Each week you must cut a certain number of players off your team, just like in the NFL.
2. Free Agent Bidding
- Madden embraces an eBay style bidding system for free agency. Each player has a timer. Apparently once you start free agency bidding, you cannot stop or pause because the process is very fast, which sounds exciting and potentially troublesome. You need to figure out who you want to target and at what price. Making the game more realistic and challenging.
3. Player Roles
- They are back and better than ever. More detailed and more roles from everyone. From “Playoff Performer” to “Mentor”. Senior developer Josh Looman had this to say: “The neat thing is, we not only brought them back, we made them more usable. Now you can pull up a screen and read about every player role that a guy at a certain position can earn, and it explains how they can be earned and lost and what impact they have on the game. Most of these roles do have in-game impact.”
4. Trade Future Draft Picks
- Finally, if a team wants to mortgage their future they can. In Madden 12, if you want to make a move like the Atlanta Falcons did this year to get Julio Jones in the NFL Draft you can. For example, the trade was: Cleveland trades the #6 pick for the 26th, 2012 1st rounder, 59th, ’12 4th rounder, and 11 4th rounder.
5. Switch Teams
- If you want to abort your franchise you can now jump ship without starting over. This is a little touch that makes the mode more user-friendly. Say you already re-built the Bengals after a couple of years and you decide to take over the Colts after Manning retires.
6. New Draft Classes
- There are thirty additional draft classes included in 2012. There are also more detailed and realistic scouting profiles used at the draft.
Entry filed under: Sports. Tags: Football, franchise, franchise mode, john madden, Life, madden, madden 12, madden 2012, madden football, madden franchise mode, News, NFL, review, Sports, video games.