Fantasy Football Week 10 WR Targets: Recognize the Rookies
10+ targets: Calvin Johnson, Harry Douglas, Larry Fitzgerald, Victor Cruz, Steve Smith, Mario Manningham, Mike Wallace, Donald Jones
- It was clear that Stafford was forcing the ball to Calvin all day, inside and outside the redzone, even before it got out fo hand and even though Burleson and Young had productive FFB days you can’t really count on them ordinarily.
- Harry Douglas converted 8 out of 9 targets for more than 130 yards and makes an intriguing addition if Julio is out next week.
- Victor Cruz continues to be one of the top pickups of the year.
- Donald Jones was targetted a ton (10x, caught 6) by Buffalo who was trailing most of the game. With teams doubling Nelson and Johnson banged up, this could continue.
8-9: Anquan Boldin, Deion Branch, Brandon Lloyd, Brandon Marshall, Nate Burleson, Marques Colston, Leonard Hankerson, Legedu Naanee, Vincent Brown, Titus Young, Plaxico Burress, Steve Smith (CAR), Wes Welker, Santonio Holmes, Andre Caldwell, Dexter McCluster, Torrey Smith, Jeremy Kerley.
- Lots of rookies in this area as more and more of them are working in after missing OTA and training camp because of the lockout. Most notably for this week were Vincent Brown who I pointed out last week and Leonard Hankerson who is finally in the position where he is the one and only. Solid pickup prospect with Rex back at QB.
- Plaxico has now score more points than Holmes on the season.
- Deion Branch nice amount of targets and Fantasy Football playoff schedule.
6-7: Roddy White, Vincent Jackson, Dwayne Bowe, Damian Williams, Denarius Moore, Andre Roberts, Reggie Wayne, Jabar Gaffney, Braylon Edwards, Steve Breaston, Earl Bennett, Pierre Garcon, Davone Bess, Dez Bryant, Arrelious Benn, Antonio Brown, Andrew Hawkins, Greg Little
- One of my favorites as most of you know from before the draft, Denarius Moore finally exploded. With his talent the sky is the limit and it is great that Palmer recognizes this and trusts him.
- Damian Williams was a sleeper last week and didn’t disappoint going for over 100 yards and a touchdown.
- Greg Little had one of his best games, especially because he caught all six of his targets, but this is the best it will get this year. Still 0 TDs.
- Slot machine, Earl Bennett, went 6/6 on targets.
- Edwards the option in SF, but it’s nm.
4-5: Stevie Johnson, Jeremy Maclin, Mike Williams, David Nelson, Austin Collie, Eric Weems, Josh Cribbs, Patrick Crayton, Chastin West, Julio Jones, Jon Baldwin, Jerricho Cotchery, Nate Washington, Ted Ginn, Sidney Rice, Jerome Simpson, Early Doucet, Michael Crabtree, Hakeem Nicks, Preston Parker, Austin Pettis
- Chastin West surprised (and angered me) by being the top targetted Jag. Gabbert failed to clear 120 yards again in great matchup. Awful.
- Mike Williams, TB continues to disappoint like most in that offense…despite the fact that they are always trailing.
- Jonathan Baldwin had a great catch literally behind Dawkins back, but was called back for penalty. Can’t rely on a 3rd WR on a Matt Cassel team for steady production.
- It was Austin Pettis, not Mark Clayton, who appears on the list and might have upside the rest of the way.
3 or less: Laurent Robinson, Eric Decker, Doug Baldwin, Jason Avant
- Ed Dickson: Caught 10/14, 79 yards and 2 TDs. Dictated by matchup but clearly an option if you need him.
- Jacob Tamme: As some expected the second teamer had chemistry w/his former practice-mate goes for 75 yards on 6 catches on 8 targets.
Entry filed under: Fantasy Football, NFL, Sports. Tags: 2011 fantasy football, american football, Fantasy Football, Fantasy Football 2011, fantasy football pickups, fantasy football sleepers, fantasy football targets, fantasy football touches, fantasy football wr, Life, News, NFL, nfl statistics, nfl stats, nfl targets, Opinion, review, Sports, statistics, week 10, week 10 recap., week 10 targets, week 10 wr targets, week 10 wr targets 2011, wide receiver targets, wide receivers, wr targets.